WFAC will be host to The Starting Strength Fall Classic Strengthlifting Meet. Information on the meet and signup link are below. Stop by the gym or email Nick with any questions.
For the second year in a row, Starting Strength Coaches in the US and Canada will be organizing a combined strengthlifting meet for the same weekend in October. Not only will you get to compete against the lifters that attend your local meet, but your results will be compared with the competitors from all the other locations. The meets will take place in the following places:
- Chicago, IL – Chicago Elite Fitness
- Emeryville, CA – CrossFit Oakland
- Gardiner, NY – Gardiner Athletics
- Long Island, NY – CrossFit Gantry
- Mississauga, ON, Canada – Element CrossFit
- Seattle, WA – Urban CrossFit
- Springfield, MO – Strong Gym
- Westminster, MD – Westminster Strength & Conditioning
- Wichita Falls, TX – Wichita Falls Athletic Club
The contested lifts will be the squat, press, and deadlift. The best male and female lifter from the combined meet, calculated using the Wilks formula, will be awarded a free spot in a Starting Strength weekend seminar of their choice, a $900 value.
Unlike last year’s combined meet, you can register as part of a team. To do so, please indicate your team in the Company/Organization field. We will also have a Masters (40+ years old) division.